7/9/10

Jayson's Peanut Butter Muffins


My son Jayson is the pickiest eater I have ever known, so I wanted to try something new. I asked him if he wanted to make breakfast this morning. He wanted cereal at first, but when he realized it was going to be just him and mom, he got excited. Told him that we were going to make some healthy muffins. I asked him what he wanted in his muffins, and he said peanut butter. So that's where we started. I let him do all the measuring and stirring and I explained each ingredient to him. He was having a blast with his momma! So this recipes is my boys. He actually loved them too, he liked his with honey and some chocolate hazelnut spread. Kaylee ate hers with Jam.



Jayson's Peanut Butter Muffins


3/4 c. firmly packed brown sugar

1/2 c. natural creamy peanut butter

1/2c. applesauce

1/2c. banana (pureed)

1 large egg

8-10 drops of SweetLeaf Vanilla Creme Stevia

1c. whole wheat pastry flour

1 tsp. baking soda

1tsp. baking powder

1/2 tsp. sea salt (fine)



1 Preheat oven to 350. Coat a 12 cup muffin pan with spray or I like to rub coconut oil on my pans.


2 In large bowl mix first 6 ingredients.


3. In separate bowl mix flour, powder, soda, salt in bowl, and then add to the wet mixture and stir just until it's combined, don't worry if it's a little lumpy, just don't overmix.


4 Distribute the batter evenly between the muffin pan and bake 15-20 min until golden brown on top and tooth pick comes out clean. Let cool about 3-5 min then turn muffins out on a rack. (mine were done right at 15 min)


* These will keep in freezer for about a month, and they taste best when you eat them in the first two days...keep them in an air tight container or zip lock bag.



TIPS

* Try to use organic if you can.

* If you don't have stevia just substitute the 8-10 drops with 1/4 c brown sugar. I don't like using refined sugar at all..but I was to scared to substitute all the sugar completey with stevia just yet. I will work towards that though!!

No comments: